In celebration of Mental Health Awareness Week, we asked our youth at Harriet Tubman Emergency Shelter to give us some ideas on how to keep your cool in frustrating and stressful situations. Check out their tips!
- Go for a walk, the fresh air will clear your mind
- Count to ten
- Take ten to twenty deep breaths
- Talk to a friend, your parents, or someone else close to you
- Take a nap
- Do something that you enjoy like listen to some music or play a video game
- Sort your thoughts out and get done what you need to do
- Sit down and focus on your breathing
- Isolate yourself for a little bit and return to the people or problem when you are calm and ready
- Don’t let things get to you, everything is a choice
We are proud of the great advice from our young men and hope one of tips works for you!