We strive to provide our children with everything they will need to feel emotionally healthy and academically strong. We kindly accept in-kind donations, monetary donations, and volunteers to benefit the youth in our group homes, independent living settings, and foster care. Separated from family, friends, and the comfort of their own homes, our youth are assisted by the generosity of supporters who make their experience at our programs that much more comfortable.
Currently we are in critical need of:
- Gift cards
- Socks & underwear (both genders, all sizes)
- Winter sweaters and coats
On our regular basis, we are in need of the following items:
- For the homes… plastic clothes hangers, plastic laundry baskets, flash lights, bath towels and wash cloths, twin-size sheets, twin-size bed bug proof mattresses, twin-size comforters
- For the kitchen… canned goods, healthy snacks, paper towels, dish sets, cup sets, silverware sets, napkins, condiments, pasta, soup, juice, dish towels, pot holders, can openers, measuring cups/spoons, bakeware, large frying pans, large stock pans, cooking utensils,
- For play… footballs, basketballs, basketball hoops, board games, video games, DVDs, computer games, books, dice, playing cards, chess sets, art supplies, MP3 players
- For the babies... diapers, wipes, baby lotions, umbrella strollers, formula
- Miscellaneous… jeans, duffle bags, gift cards (e.g. Target, Walmart), luggage, clothing, jackets, coats, winter hats and gloves, sweat suits, shoes, charcoal grills, outdoor furniture, school supplies, uniforms
If you have in-kind items that you would like to donate, please call us at 301-589-8444 to discuss logistics.
Hearts & Homes for Youth relies on the support of federal and state funding and private sector donations. A private, non-profit agency, we are guided by a Board of Directors and sustained through the efforts of volunteers from the community. We are a taxexempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
All contributions are tax-deductible. We will send a receipt letter in acknowledgement of the donation to Hearts & Homes. Our tax identifier, or EIN, is 52-6060576.