What do you want to be when you grow up?
What are you good at?
What are your hobbies and interests?
It may come as a surprise that for many of our youth, these questions are hard to answer. When the life experiences of young people force them to focus on survival, opportunities for developing a strong sense of self and the ability to identify personal strengths and goals often suffer.
Hearts & Homes for Youth is proud to use Traitify, a career assessment tool that allows us to help our young people explore career matches while giving them insight into their personalities and strengths. The assessment itself is easy and takes about ninety seconds.
Traitify uses psychology, prompting each tester to select pictures based on their first gut reaction. These selections are then used to provide a full assessment of the taker – their personality, individual traits, and career matches. Young people will find out if they are visionaries, action takers, inventors, analyzers, planners, etc. with an understanding of the role each plays in the types of careers that would be a good fit. Young people are also able to see what careers are available to them based on varying levels of education.
We are excited to offer Traitify for all of the youth in our agency as they work towards brighter futures!
Did you know that you have the power to create positive change in our community? Today thousands of people in the Washington, DC area are coming together to Do More!
Do More 24 is our region’s biggest giving day. The 24-hour online fundraiser is powered by United Way of the National Capital Area and it will bring together 600 nonprofits on one easy-to-use donation platform.
Hearts & Homes for Youth is focusing on raising money to provide our youth with unique educational, vocational, and recreational experiences! The unique experiences will help the youth realize their talents, build their confidence, and develop the sill-set and insight necessary to build brighter futures! What does that look like?
- $625 for one week of summer camp classes for five 3-5-year olds at $125 each
- $200 for driver training hours required for a driver’s license for one youth
- $200 for 10 art classes for one foster youth interested in learning drawing techniques
- $150 for 10 Mommy and Me Motor Skills Development classes for one of our young mothers looking to bond with her newborn
- $150 for one double stroller for one young mother
- $50 for one cello lesson, which is a regular therapeutic activity for one of our foster children
Want to get involved? Here are some ways you can Do More:
- Donate. On June 2nd, go to DoMore24.org and donate to your favorite nonprofit organizations.
- Follow Hearts & Homes for Youth for Do More 24 updates on Facebook at Facebook.com/HeartsAndHomesForYouth and Twitter at @heartsandhomes4. Be sure to tweet using the #DoMore24 hash tag.
Spread the word. Encourage your friends and family to join you in creating real impact on June 2nd. One Day. Our Community. Let’s build a stronger community on June 2nd.!Learn more at DoMore24.org.