Hearts & Homes for Youth has two foster care programs, the Family Ties Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC) that serves males and females in foster care, and the Damamli Mother-Baby Foster Care, which serves pregnant and parenting young women.
The youth in our care primarily range from 12-21 years of age, they have a variety of mental health needs and in many cases, varying educational and behavioral difficulties. Most of our youth have been in foster care for an extended period of time and need a family with patience and flexibility who are willing to invest in their lives long term.
[contact-form-7 id=”6008″ title=”Contact Me_copy”]
Foster Parents Receive:
- Ongoing training
- 24-hour support
- Program activities and events
- In-home clinical services
- The opportunity to provide a teen mom or adolescent youth with love, nurturing, guidance and the chance to heal from past hurts
Our Foster Care Program aims to partner with Maryland families who can offer youth a stable, loving, and nurturing home where they can gain confidence, build emotional strength, and learn to love, again.
There are two levels of involvement in our foster care program: foster care parenting and our respite program.
- Foster Care: Open your home to foster a teen in need. Share your life and lessons with someone striving for a better future.
- Respite Program: Be our “on-call” parents, ready to provide care for our adolescents on a part-time basis when needs arise. Engage in fun, productive activities in an out-of-the-home environment.
We are always looking for dedicated community members to join our organization. Challenge yourself to change a life.