At Hearts & Homes, you are joining an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of youth throughout Maryland who are overcoming adversity! Come and explore opportunities at Hearts & Homes. We are a dedicated staff of child welfare professionals committed to the growth and development of our employees. We currently have employment opportunities, volunteer positions, and internships in Baltimore, Prince George’s, Anne Arundel and Montgomery Counties.
Hearts & Homes offers employees:
- Clinical supervision for Social Workers
- Extensive training program and CEU (continuing education) availability
- Dedicated staff
- Opportunity for promotions
- Employee benefits
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package, including:
- Generous leave
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company paid life, long-term disability, and AD&D insurance
- 403(B) retirement program and company matching
Here at Hearts & Homes for Youth our Clinical Case Managers (Licensed Social Workers) provide clinical case management to support children and adolescents who have been placed in foster care. Individuals selected for this position will provide and coordinate treatment with the placing state agency and foster families. The ideal candidate must possess strong clinical assessment skills and the ability to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with diverse populations.
Clinical Case Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessing client needs, and developing strategy to help client
- Providing support and resources for clients; good working relationship with support networks, government resources, and community resources
- Researching and referring client resources such as health and childcare
- Assigning community supports to respond to crisis in the home and/or community
- Evaluating and studying programs, services, and resources for quality and client needs
- Determining the correct course of action when helping children/adolescents, whether it be with a clinical therapist, psychologist or medical doctor
- Creating programs and services to benefit clients and community
- Caring for the well-being of clients and helping a wide range of clients, including people with serious illnesses, addictions, disabilities or who have been neglected
- Advocating and raising awareness on behalf of clients
Clinical Case Manger Requirements and Qualifications:
- Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, community leaders, policymakers and others
- Excellent time management skills; organized and able to prioritize
- Motivated to take on additional community involvement projects and solve problems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple cases
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, schedules, dates, and information
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Comfortable with building personal relationships and dedicated to helping others
- Empathetic and supportive with mentorship and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Healthcare or Medical and related fields;
- Master’s degree in social work required; LBSW, LMSW, LCSW or LCSW-C required
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Able to work nights and weekends (When applicable)
- Able to travel to meet with clients
This position is ideal for those child welfare professionals who are dedicated to ensuring the well-being of youth by providing services to children that have trauma histories and various mental health conditions. The Program Manager is responsible for the overall growth and functioning of the licensed Therapeutic Group Home (located in Anne Arundel County). This includes supervision of staff, on-call responsibilities, ensuring compliance with agency and state regulations, participating in the treatment team, and being an active part of the program management team. Responsibilities include ensuring that a clean, safe and supportive home environment is provided to the youth; ensuring that staff and youth interactions are therapeutic and trauma-informed; enforcing program rules and expectations; ensuring resident’s medical, emotional, physical and psychological needs are met; performing necessary administrative duties and transporting children. A baccalaureate degree in a human services field is required. Candidate must have mental health and supervisory experience. Must be flexible and have a strong commitment to the welfare of youth. Individuals must complete the State Board requirement to be Certified as Residential Child and Youth Care Practitioners (RCYCP), formerly known as “Residential Child Care workers”.
Senior Counselors are responsible for monitoring program goals and adherence to procedures, assisting the Program Manager in hiring, evaluation, and supervision of staff. This individual will act as a liaison between Counselors, and the Program Manager, whiles overseeing case management functions and maintaining continuity in the program, and performing delegated administrative duties. The Senior Counselor is responsible for On/Call 24/7 and responds to staff call out. Must have strong organizational, writing, problem-solving skills, and must have experience working with adolescents and youth. Senior Counselors must hold a baccalaureate degree in a human services field, or have two years post-secondary education at the Associate or hold a High School Diploma and have three years experience in working with youth in a group setting.
This position is ideal for those child welfare professionals who are dedicated to ensuring the well being of youth by providing services to children that have trauma histories, various mental health conditions, and challenging behaviors. The residential counselor provides role modeling and mentoring, implementing behavior modification strategies, planning and supervising recreational activities, and actively participating on a Treatment Team. Responsibilities include providing a clean, comfortable, safe and supportive home environment; teaching hygiene practices and good interpersonal relationship skills; enforcing rules and applying discipline within prescribed limits; ensuring residents receive proper nutrition and healthcare; performing necessary administrative duties and transporting children.
Baccalaureate degree in a human services field desired; or have two years post-secondary education at the Associate or undergraduate level and one year experience working with youth in a group setting, or hold a High School Diploma and have one year of experience in working with youth in a group setting. Must be flexible and have a strong commitment to the welfare of youth. Individual must complete the State Board requirement to be Certified as Residential Child and Youth Care Practitioners (RCYCP), formerly known as “Residential Child Care workers”.
We are hiring full-time, relief (relief positions work on an as needed basis), and awake overnight counselors.
Hearts & Homes is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive due consideration regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status.