At Hearts & Homes, you are joining an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of youth throughout Maryland who are overcoming adversity! Come and explore opportunities at Hearts & Homes. We are a dedicated staff of child welfare professionals committed to the growth and development of our employees. We currently have employment opportunities, volunteer positions, and internships in Baltimore, Prince George’s, Anne Arundel and Montgomery Counties.
Hearts & Homes offers employees:
- Clinical supervision for Social Workers
- Extensive training program and CEU (continuing education) availability
- Dedicated staff
- Opportunity for promotions
- Employee benefits
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package, including:
- Generous leave
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company paid life, long-term disability, and AD&D insurance
- 403(B) retirement program and company matching
Here at Hearts & Homes for Youth our Clinical Case Managers (Licensed Social Workers) provide clinical case management to support children and adolescents who have been placed in foster care. Individuals selected for this position will provide and coordinate treatment with the placing state agency and foster families. The ideal candidate must possess strong clinical assessment skills and the ability to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with diverse populations.
Clinical Case Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessing client needs, and developing strategy to help client
- Providing support and resources for clients; good working relationship with support networks, government resources, and community resources
- Researching and referring client resources such as health and childcare
- Assigning community supports to respond to crisis in the home and/or community
- Evaluating and studying programs, services, and resources for quality and client needs
- Determining the correct course of action when helping children/adolescents, whether it be with a clinical therapist, psychologist or medical doctor
- Creating programs and services to benefit clients and community
- Caring for the well-being of clients and helping a wide range of clients, including people with serious illnesses, addictions, disabilities or who have been neglected
- Advocating and raising awareness on behalf of clients
Clinical Case Manger Requirements and Qualifications:
- Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, community leaders, policymakers and others
- Excellent time management skills; organized and able to prioritize
- Motivated to take on additional community involvement projects and solve problems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple cases
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, schedules, dates, and information
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Comfortable with building personal relationships and dedicated to helping others
- Empathetic and supportive with mentorship and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Healthcare or Medical and related fields;
- Master’s degree in social work required; LBSW, LMSW, LCSW or LCSW-C required
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Able to work nights and weekends (When applicable)
- Able to travel to meet with clients
This position is ideal for an LGSW licensed Social Worker with interest and experience in working with youth and families. We have a Full-Time position that would be split between Semi-Independent Boys home and our Residential Therapeutic Group Home for girls. The social worker provides services to children and families that have trauma histories, various mental health conditions, and challenging behaviors. Social workers provide clinical services include individual and family therapy, facilitate groups and training, and serve as the lead of each young person’s treatment team. An ideal candidate must possess strong knowledge of trauma-informed interventions, clinical assessment skills and the ability to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with a diverse population. Qualifications include a Master’s Degree in Social Work and an LGSW license. Hearts and Homes for Youth offers free individual and group clinical supervision, agency in-service training, and a collaborative supportive work environment.
The Foster Parent Recruitment and Retention Specialist’s primary responsibilities are to increase the capacity of the foster care program by actively recruiting, training and licensing potential Foster Parents throughout the state. This position will work with the Program Director and Chief Administrator to identify needs of the agency as it relates to foster parent recruitment and specific needs of the population we serve. Recruitment efforts should encompass reaching a broad audience through networking, public presentations, outreach and use of social media and technology. This position will be responsible for facilitating orientation and training classes. Key components of this position include: customer service, advocacy, community engagement, collaboration and an understanding of child welfare and mental health. HHY provides training and supervision related to the requirements of this position. Individual must have at least 3 years of relevant experience.
This position is ideal for those child welfare professionals who are dedicated to ensuring the well being of youth by providing services to children that have trauma histories, various mental health conditions, and challenging behaviors. The residential counselor provides role modeling and mentoring, implementing behavior modification strategies, planning and supervising recreational activities, and actively participating on a Treatment Team. Responsibilities include providing a clean, comfortable, safe and supportive home environment; teaching hygiene practices and good interpersonal relationship skills; enforcing rules and applying discipline within prescribed limits; ensuring residents receive proper nutrition and healthcare; performing necessary administrative duties and transporting children.
Baccalaureate degree in a human services field desired; or have two years post-secondary education at the Associate or undergraduate level and one year experience working with youth in a group setting, or hold a High School Diploma and have one year of experience in working with youth in a group setting. Must be flexible and have a strong commitment to the welfare of youth. Individual must complete the State Board requirement to be Certified as Residential Child and Youth Care Practitioners (RCYCP), formerly known as “Residential Child Care workers”.
We are hiring full-time, relief (relief positions work on an as needed basis), and awake overnight counselors.
Hearts & Homes is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive due consideration regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status.